Statement of Faith
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
We subscribe to the following principles taught in the Holy Bible:
1. WE BELIEVE that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all things, upholds all and governs all.
2. WE BELIEVE all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
3. WE BELIEVE in GOD THE FATHER, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that he hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin all who come to Him through faith in Jesus Christ.
4. WE BELIEVE in JESUS CHRIST, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, teachings, His atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into Heaven, perpetual intercession for His people.
5. WE BELIEVE in the HOLY SPIRIT, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to redeem, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; we believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher and Guide. We believe in the exercise of all the Biblical gifts of the Spirit.
6. WE BELIEVE that all PEOPLE are sinners both by nature and choice and, therefore, under condemnation and the wrath of God, however: WE BELIEVE that God redeems by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
7. WE BELIEVE in the universal CHURCH, the living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and all redeemed persons are members.
8. WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ committed three ORDINANCES to the Church; 1) baptism, and 2) the Lord's Supper. and 3) Foot washing. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion open to all believers and special foot washing services as an example of humility, love and service to others.
9. WE BELIEVE in Baptism by immersion in water as an outward expression of our inward repentance of our sins and acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
10. WE BELIEVE in the personal, visible RETURN OF CHRIST to earth and the establishment of His Kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous.
References: Isaiah 45:18-23, Matthew 3:11, Matthew 22: 36-40, Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 3:22, Luke 22:14-20, John 1:32-34, John 14:25-26, Acts 1:1-11, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:38, Acts 8:14-17, Acts 10:33-43, Romans 8:9-17, 1 Corinthians 10:16-17, 1 Corinthians 12:12-20, 1 Corinthians 11: 23-29, Galatians 5:14, Colossians 1:18, 1 Thessolonians 4:16-17, Hebrews 10: 12-14